Wednesday, June 01, 2005

George A. Romero's new dead film, plus the Drug Dealers Nextdoor

...opens June 24th in the US, and presumably around the same time in Canada. There's a trailer for it here, and if you poke around IMDB's message boards you can find links to the screenplay -- which sounds like it has potential, tho' it has one very strange flaw -- the idea that money has value in it's post-apocalyptic, zombie-ridden environment. I'm worried that I'm just not going to care about this film, but I'm eager for its release no less.

Here's an odd detail: my tattooed, hip-hop-blaring neighbour, with whom my only contact has been when I knocked on his door to ask him to turn his music down the other day, just started joking with me as we passed in the doorway about how other people in the building were whispering about how he's a crack dealer; he informed me, by way of stoned elaboration, that he deals only in "chronic." Kind of funny to have a sheer stranger tell you he deals one drug because he's indignant that people have assumed he deals in another. If he'd only keep his fuckin' music down, I wouldn't much care if he dealt in sarin...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you now know where to get your chronic.

Allan MacInnis said...

Heck with that, man! These guys are far too obnoxious for me to want to give them my money...

Anonymous said...

Pay them in CDs rather than in cash. Then they'd at least be playing decent music too loud.