Friday, April 27, 2012

Tonight in Maple Ridge


Funny how it goes: the two most interesting events happening in Maple Ridge this month are doubtlessly tonight's Adstock fundraiser, at 7pm at the Hammond United Church Hall, featuring the Jen Huangs and several other bands; and the Horrorshow midnight movies screening of George A. Romero's original Night of the Living Dead (actually beginning at 11:30, and taking place at the Hollywood 3 Cinemas in Pitt Meadows). I'll be at both; what's odd to me is that I'll doubtlessly be the only person over 30 at either event who is not a parent of one of the people involved. The average age of attendees will likely be around 19, though I might bump that up a year or two by sheer virtue of my advanced years. I'll likely feel alternately like a loser ("he couldn't get a date") or a creep ("he must be here to fuck one of us"), but so be it - it beats another night alone in the apartment. 

No comments: