Thursday, August 01, 2013

L'affaire Spiderbaby

In case you've missed it, this is a pretty fun rabbithole to dive into: Quentin Tarantino's girlfriend, a Canadian who publishes under Lianne Spiderbaby, and who contributes to a variety of horror mags, including Video Watchdog (for whom I have also written), has been busted for what appears to be some pretty overt plagiarism. See here and here for more; the latter is the site of former Super Happy Fun guy Mike White (interviewed here). White was the one who famously outed similarities between Ringo Lam's City On Fire and Reservoir Dogs back in the 1990's.  (that's a very entertaining video, if you've missed it). Oh, and apparently Quentin Tarantino is a foot fetishist: that's a pretty trashy article, but it's also pretty damn entertaining, I must admit. Besides, I've sucked me some toes over the years - it's not like I'm holding him in judgment...

Never, however, have I plagiarised...

No comments: