Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

(From this page of odd Victorian Christmas cards).

I have a couple of more pieces to put up for 2015. I know I say this often but I'm back around to feeling like I need to pull back a bit from the movies and music and writing about same and focus on life a bit. Nothing much to add for the rest of the year, anyhow, in addition to the Braineater Boxing Day show below, there's the Red Herring house party on Dec. 31st. I'll have some thoughts on David's show up later tonight, and YOB stuff online presently, too - I interviewed them for the West Ender re: the show at the Rickshaw that night. I'm excited to see The Revenant, in part because the trailer looks amazing, but also because I want to see what they do with local actor Brendan Fletcher (of Uwe Boll's Rampage movies, Terry Gilliam's Tideland, the Ginger Snaps sequels, and the filmed-at-the-PNE Rollercoaster; he was also the star of an impressive stage production of Equus in Vancouver awhile back, that I happened to catch). I don't really care about the Tarantino movie much, but I'll likely check that out too; disappointing to read that it's leaked online before its release.

Meantime, have a happy holiday or what-have-you.

No comments: